Friday, October 14, 2016

Sushi in Sihanoukville

Name: Shin
Address: Village4 Square4 Serendipity Road, Sihanoukville
Telephone: 086 708 580
Opening hours: 11.30am - 10pm
Cuisine: Japanese
Rating: 5

I cannot praise this restaurant highly enough!
If you like sushi, you HAVE to treat yourself when you are next in Sihanoukville.

I have eaten sushi in a lot of places around the world, and I have to say, this is one of my absolute favourite spots.
The food is always fresh and delicious with the same excellent service each time I go, which is about once a fortnight.

The story as it was told to me is such a great Cambodian tale.

As I heard it: The restaurant was originally owned by someone else, with a brilliant Japanese chef.
They did an all you can eat sushi buffet which was fabulous (I LOVED this!), but the chef and the owner did not get along too well.
One day, they had one too many fall outs and the chef quit.
Quality went downhill until the owner had to sell.
The chef, using a "middle man" bought the restaurant from under him and restored it to its former glory in no time at all.

He is obviously passionate about what he does, it certainly shows in his product.







There are also restaurants at Queenco and Victory Castle associated with Shin, both have the same level of excellence but slightly different menus and specials.

Try the Happy Sushi Set for $10, I have mine with Miso soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment